- Children develop a basic understanding of songs and music.
- Teachers encourage inventing and creating variations of known songs.
- Children use movement as expression.
- Teachers present playing and learning about various musical instruments. There is singing in patterns.
- Teachers expose children to puppetry.
- Classes provide dramatic play areas with costumes and props.
- Children explore different types of paint and color media.
- Children use texture, lines, patterns and shapes in artwork.
- Children learn self-expression through music, dance and art projects.